Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TIME TO LEARN

Whenever some one sees my Datsun in its current state they always asked me who is going to do the body work. I usually reply that the plan is to do it myself. Then I really throw them a curve ball and let them know I have no idea what I'm doing but I still expect nothing shy of perfection.




That's the beauty of taking on a project like this. It doesn't have to be a car, it could be growing your own vegetables or deciding to remodel your life. There's so much to learn from taking on a hands on project that goes far beyond the task at hand. I have help influence so many people to take the initiative to be more self reliant and the simple self-worth you receive from your hard work alone is sometimes worth it all in the end. I take on everything as an opportunity and challenge to learn something new.


My little cousin Marc swung by the shop today and I helped him do a little welding on the CB750 while I worked on the hatch of the Datsun getting some holes filled. It's awesome that 2 years ago he didn't know the difference between a philips and a flat head and now I'm able to trust him with welding up some sheet metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment